If your instinctual guess regarding whether something bad happens when you leave flossing out of your dental hygiene sessions is that yes, there are consequences, then you’re right! However, you may not necessarily have a firm idea regarding what those consequences entail. When you take a quick quiz, you may find that in addition to learning your knowledge is quite impressive, you may also pick up some new facts. Let’s get going!
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: If you decide that flossing isn’t for you, it’s almost certain that you will suffer from bad breath eventually.
- True or False: If you don’t floss between your teeth as part of your dental hygiene, you are encouraging decay to occur between teeth.
- True or False: As long as you brush along your gum tissue, this will be enough to keep gums healthy.
- True. This might not take as much time as you might imagine. Food that’s stuck between teeth smells bad as it breaks down. Bacteria between teeth will feed on food and accumulate, as they secrete bad odors. Foul breath is quite likely.
- True. If you didn’t realize that you could end up with cavities between your teeth, now is the time to reconsider: Begin flossing during one dental hygiene session a day to avoid this inconvenient problem.
- False. You really need to floss, too! Even the small amounts of plaque and food that become stuck just beneath gum tissue can lead to severe consequences, including periodontal disease!
Avoid All Types Of Issues By Flossing Daily
Whatever help you need with flossing, whether it’s technique tips, product suggestions, or otherwise, let us know! Get the information and treatment you need in Celina, TX by contacting Celina Family Dentistry to schedule a visit today at (214) 851-0130.