When you’re looking for a way to treat your sleep apnea, you may find that some of the options out there do not sound too pleasant. What you want is to sleep through the night. What you don’t want is to deal with anything that feels overwhelming or unpleasant. Fortunately, we prefer to offer oral appliance therapy as your sleep apnea treatment. Not sure you’re too familiar? Our quiz will help out with that.
Quiz Questions: True or False?
- True or False: While we do offer oral appliances for sleep apnea treatment, we still suggest most patients rely on CPAP machines.
- True or False: Oral appliances are uncomfortable but completely worth the effort.
- True or False: The sleep apnea appliance you will wear works by promoting the separation of your throat tissues, while keeping your air passages wide open for breathing that does not become interrupted during sleep.
- False. The good news is that the oral appliance is often all that is necessary to correct the issue leading to sleep apnea. If you require treatment, we urge you to come talk with us today about whether this type of therapy will be helpful for you.
- False. They are absolutely worth the effort and they are comfortable! You’ll just be getting into bed, wearing a barely-there appliance over your smile, and that’s it.
- True. The way your jaws align while you sleep may result in soft oral and throat tissues that collapse and come into contact with one another. An oral appliance as sleep apnea treatment gently improves the position of your jaw to reduce and often eliminate this problem.
See Us For Comfortable Oral Appliance Therapy
If you are in need of sleep apnea treatment, come learn more about how you can enjoy care that is relaxing and very effective. Get the information and treatment you need in Celina, TX by contacting Celina Family Dentistry to schedule a visit today at (214) 851-0130.